After the GameChanger, Studio Sophisti remains searching for the next step in Hybrid gaming. Near Field Communication (NFC) is an incredibly interesting technology for this. In most applications though one single reader reads out one single playing piece. For strategic games this is too limited. Together with NXP we have developed a 48 fields matrix solution which allows to read out multiple playing pieces simultaneously but also detects where they are on the board. All this without using more the one NFC-Reader IC.
- Interact with up to 48 NFC-figures simultaneously (encrypted read/write support).
- Low power consumption: 24 hours of non-stop gameplay on 2 AA batteries with stand-by time of 2 years.
- Wireless Bluetooth connection, allowing to work with most tablets, smart phones, consoles and smart TV’s.
- Low bill-of-material costs because we only use 1 NFC-processor to scan all fields.
- Easy integration for game developers: well-documented iOS, Apple-TV, Android and Unity-3d SDK available. console SDKs can be developed on request.
You can contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on this, since we are still looking for applications of the technology.